Saturday, June 10, 2006

Trips and Tribulations

Made it back from mom's house. Had a wonderful time and need to do it more often. I took Indiana B with me and he had a blast as well. Will post pictures later, if I remember.

It's only an hour and a half to her house, although sometimes it seems much longer and others much shorter. Guess it depends on whether I am driving or not. She had fried drummettes for dinner then we had egg rolls for supper. Yum. I don't eat alot of fried food, maybe a couple of times a year, so this was a real treat for me.

When it was Indiana's bedtime he cried and cried and cried. Mom made me feel so guilty (lol) about leaving him back there by himself in a strange house. But he quit soon enough and we had a very enjoyable and fun evening talking, laughing and watching tv with the mute on. Although she was conveniently looking the other way when there was a close up of a meerkat's butt.

She checked her e-mail and told me about some of it. I showed her how to send and receive between the schedule. I had Pan try and send some pictures of the kids. And they came through without any problems. Then all hell broke loose. Her computer had a serious hard drive crash. I was immediately on the phone with Pan (he writes computer programs and is the head of the MIS department of the company he works for). He gave some suggestions but told me without actually seeing it, he couldn't really do anything.

Still blue screen 2 of death. Every one knows of the blue screen of death. But this one was just that, blue. Nothing, nada, nilch. Just blue.

Early this morning I am on the phone with Bug, since she and her husband put together the computer for Dad and Mom. She found a fix for it, but you had to be connected to the internet, and for all I know we may have been. I couldn't access it though. The computer has bit the dust. It is gone, kaput. Not for long for sure. If that's not a tribulation, I don't know what is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been lucky enough to escape the blue screen of death - is there any wood around here??

Hope you manage to get it sorted soon :o)