Monday, June 05, 2006

Tribulations of a Memory

Blog Prompt: What is your earliest memory? Why do you think it sticks with you?

I have several, all of which probably happened around the same time, between the ages of two and three. I am not sure which one occurs the earliest in my life.

But we can start with the day I ran out of my grandmother’s house naked. I don’t know why I did it (possibly I didn’t want to take a bath), or how I managed it. Yet I remember being naked.

Why should this memory stick with me? I don’t know the answer to that either. Maybe it was because I thought I was one of the “beautiful” people who could get away with anything or because I heard there was a nudist beach around. Could I have just been a precursor to the 60’s, a free spirit?

4 comments:

Gabby Faye said...

I had to smile thinking of you trying to figure why...it just IS...kiddies like naked!

loonyhiker said...

This made me laugh. You didn't mention if you were 5 or 15 but I bet it would have been interesting if you were 15! lol.

Karen said...

So, is this something that you're still prone to do Tink?

Anonymous said...

I have the same memory, although it's from last night :-)