Friday, June 09, 2006

Blog Prompt Friday, June 9, 2006

Are you where you thought you would be in life, when you graduated from high school? Are there dreams you had then that you still have now?

Yes and no. I knew I always wanted to be married to a best friend and a mother. Of those I have achieved my goal and it is worth giving up the other dream just to be where I am today. I would not change a thing about my life, even the bad, as that may change who I know am and, actually, I like myself. I no longer need the approval of those around me, although it is nice.

My dream to be a radar astronomer has been put on hold, and, who knows, maybe one day I will still achieve that goal. Nothing is fixed in stone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear you like yourself. That's the most important thing.

Not sure yet if I'll steal this prompt from you. I may not like where I take it. We'll see... if I have nothing worth blogging tomorrow maybe I'll try this prompt and see how it fits.