Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ants and Tribulations

Ants. We have ants. Not just those little sugar ants but real ones. I caught Indiana B leaving a breadcrumb trail from the front door to the couch. And sure enough the little pests followed. He loves laying on the floor and blowing on them. Scattering them 4 sheets to the wind, so to speak. But you would have thought he learned his lesson after the 5th or 6th time he was bitten.

Still I have ants on my kitchen counter too. Finally figured out what was going on there though. A bottle of honey fell over in the cabinet and was leaking. I swear ants must have super smelling. Anyway, I got that all cleaned up, knowing that would take care of the problem. Ack, yesterday I went in the kitchen to find them standing in a circle on my counter. It was like someone had placed a mystic quarter on the counter and all the ants had gathered round placing their head on the edge of it. At least it made it easy to kill them. Poor things.

It is time for Pan to bring out the insecticide again and place it around the outside of the house. We have this trouble every year around this time. Has to do with the hot weather and sometimes rain. I just really hate using insecticide as it kills the spiders and rolly pollys too. But I hate the roaches and ants in the house even more

UPDATE:

Just went into the kitchen and there are only two ants. Maybe they decided to go home after all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

blech! I hate bugs! Not the "bug" family - but creepy crawlies.

Anonymous said...

Yaa, no problem. I'm not fond of most bugs either. Spiders are ok, beetles, bees and the like. Ants... Nope nor roaches. Just broke down and had the professionals come take care of our house. Turns out we had a den of ants in the wall in Tot's room.

Bonnie said...

oooohhh, ants are a HUGE pest here too, espicialy when it rains, they come marching inside like it's THEIR home to get out of the rain. drives me nuts. I dare not spray when the kids are around. I get consumed with guilt, from the "Arww mommy!! Shame, don't kill them!!" to the "Mommy, now you killed his mommy and he won't eat tonight!"

Rachelle Jones said...

buy some terro. We too have a ridiculous ant problem here. I was genious and got a head start this year.

There is some spray terro that works keenly.

loonyhiker said...

We are having an ant problem here in SC too. AARGH! I hate them!

nEo said...

Ants drive my wife 'buggy' too.
We used powdered grits here in Louisiana.
Non-toxic and not sticky.
They can't digest the stuff.