Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Blog Prompt Tuesday June 13

What is your scrapbooking history? Did you start with paper or digital?

Paper. Yep, that’s how I started. And it was all because of ddpup. She introduced me to the world of scrapbooking and since I had a brand new granddaughter, it was perfect. Then it became an obsession when I found out there was a scrapbooking store right across the street from where Pan worked. Then I became a fanatic. They offered classes, which I started taking. Sometimes I was the only one in the class but that didn’t matter to them.

Gradually I started using the computer to set up my layouts before actually doing them. Then I discovered the world of digital scrapping and I was hooked again. Right now I do more digital than paper scrapping, although I am hoping in the future, when things have settled down with the kids, that I will again paper scrap. I would like to combine the two, digital and paper.

This is one of my favorite digital scrapbook pages:

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

9 comments:

Glynis said...

I agree that I would like to combine my digital and paper and maybe use up some of the 'stuff' I have accumulated over the years...and that is a fantastic layout! I extend my appreciation for his service to our country and the world.

loonyhiker said...

Aren't sisters wonderful! I'm planning on taking classes too when I have time. I think there is a class at DSP in August that I want to take.

Judyy said...

I can see why that layout is one of your favorites--it's very cool and so special!

I find that I still use some of my paper scrapping supplies in my paper journal or occasionally to jazz up a store-bought card, though I don't see myself ever combining paper and digital. Stranger things have happened though!

heather said...

At first I thought I'd do paper and digi, but it just hasn't happened. I'd love to take some DSP classes but they are all for Photoshop which I don't have :( Love your layout, it's fantastic.

Gabby Faye said...

I have kept my tools, and a tackle box of embellishments, but I really doubt that I will ever paperscrap again. Let me know if you DO take that next-step into combining the two.

Bonnie said...

yay, so glad i am not the only one still hanging onto her paper supplies! I also still do paper, right now, am into the digi world though, but no ways am I chucking out or stopping with the paper scrapping. How would you combine the two though? I sometimes print out digi stuff to use on my paper stuff, is that what you mean? That works really well. You can even print out the papers (but I don't have a good printer nor does it take size 12 x 12 ) but that is nice cos the designers who do paper and who do digi are so different.

faery-wings said...

that is a beautiful and touching LO

Karen said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who sets up her paper scrapping layouts in digital before hand scrapping them.

Caltechgirl said...

Wow. That's a beautiful page.