Saturday, June 24, 2006

Tribulations of a Loss

Blog Prompt: If your house caught on fire or were in a flood, hurricane, etc....besides your family- what 1 or 2 items would you try to save and why?

If we haven’t gotten a fireproof safe if something like that should occur, I would take my external hard drive. It has all my digital pictures as well as those I have managed to get scanned in already, as well as a database of our dvds and books. If we have a fireproof safe (better make it waterproof too, lol, as we live in a hurricane prone county), then, ummmm, I’m looking around trying to decide. I guess it would probably have to be the I Love Me pictures of the boys which they had made in uniform. Scamp’s from boot camp and Nuke’s because he didn’t want to be outdone by Scamp (besides I asked him for one for Christmas). And why? Because they would be more difficult to replace, but then so would all of the paintings done by Nuke, my Aunt and Pan’s grandmother, but it would not be feasible to try and take them all of the walls and carry then out.

I would not worry about my camera as it’s case stays by my purse and I don’t go anywhere without my purse. So I know I would have those.

But if I couldn’t save anything from the house, I surely would be heartsick, but thankful that my darling Pan was standing beside me and holding me tight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i like your last sentence. As long as the people you love are safe then nothing else really matters does it?