Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Blog Prompt Wednesday, June 14

Finding Peace

The only way to find peace is to look within you. If you are not at peace how can you expect anybody else to be either?

And how do you find peace within yourself? I am sure it will be different from person to person. I, for the most part, am at peace with myself. I have lived a full life, with a wonderful husband, marvelous children, parents I love dearly, sisters I wouldn’t trade and friends. I have made mistakes and learned to go on. At this point in my life, I can even forgive my ex. All of these have contributed to who I am. And as I said earlier, I like me. Oh from time to time, I will fall, shaking up the peace I have, but I always get back up and start again.

If you mean world peace, I am not even sure that is possible in our day and time. Maybe it is, but everyone will have to look beyond his or her prejudices and their feelings of being wronged thousands of years ago. As a species we tend to harbor grudges and until we can let go of them, we can never truly have world peace.

3 comments:

Glynis said...

Great post, Tink...I agree that I'm not sure with human nature the way it is we will ever find world peace, but when you're at peace with yourself it goes a long way toward it.

Karen said...

Wow that post really resonated, Tink. Great read.

heather said...

What you said about falling but you get back up is so true for me too. And world peace ? I hope that as technology gets better this communication with more and more people all over the world will help - or I might be dreaming!!