Friday, June 23, 2006

Tribulations of Writing

Going to post a poll here. It is strictly up to you to let me know. As you have no doubt noticed, I don’t write posts, I write short stories (and in some cases, not so short). My dearest mom has suggested that I start breaking them apart and making them into two posts.

So what do you think? Keep them long, possibly boring you to death to read through them or break them apart and leave you with the anticipation of the ending? Give you, say, until the 27th.

And mom, if you want a vote in this, you are going to have to post a comment. Or at the very least call and let me know.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it is really long, then I like the 2 day thing. The suspense will be fun!

Anonymous said...

I don't think your posts are too long. And, hey, if I don't have time to sit and read it all now, I can always come back when I'm not at work.

loonyhiker said...

I like reading your posts so I say, this is YOUR blog, do what you like to do and not what others want you to do.

Anonymous said...

I like the long and short, your blog rocks!

Mrs_Who said...

I've enjoyed your blog the way it is...but suspense could be fun, too!

Anonymous said...

I was hoping to see your Mom comment!!

Unknown said...

Me too, Bou. Come to think about it she hasn't called to tell me either, LOL.

Gabby Faye said...

I vote for you to NOT change your style of telling your stories. I completely enjoy them.

Anonymous said...

Leave them all as one post. Your stories aren't THAT long.

Personally, I believe you should make it as simple as possible for people to read your blog. Breaking up your posts means that people have to search around for part 1 if they stumble across part 2 first.

However, if you ARE going to break up your posts (and I don't think you should even consider it for anything under 1000 words), you should - as a courtesy to your readers - cross-link the posts (include a link to part 2 from part 1 and vice versa).

In the end, though, I agree with LooneyHiker - your blog, your call.