Sunday, June 04, 2006

Tribulations of an Affair

Haven’t we all, at one time or another fantasized about having an affair? Not that we would really do it. I know I wouldn’t, I truly love, like and care for Pan and would not do anything to hurt him. But the fantasy is there. Even for him. So we play at it. Not as much lately, but it is fun.

But this isn’t about him, and me but about an affair I didn’t have. Got your attention now, don’t I?

After Pan and I married, I moved from my town to his town and had to find a new job. I found one rather rapidly as a construction secretary. And I worked there for about 5 years, then they decided sale and the new owners already had someone to replace me. So it is off to job hunt again.

And I found one. They hired me even before the attorney called and told them I could read minds. Again this isn’t about the jobs but about the affair I didn’t have. Had to lay some ground here.

In my new office was a young woman, probably 15 years younger than I. Very prim and proper was she, who thought I was having an affair. Prim and proper she might be but closed mouth she wasn’t. Of course, it didn’t help that a friend of Pan’s would call me at the office from time to time, disguising his voice and giving fake names. The others in the office knew it was the same guy each time.

I was getting a wee bit weary of the all the whispering behind my back so Pan, Mr. E and I orchestrated a lunch. Mr. E and I met at a restaurant next door to where I knew one of the other employees was going to be. After lunch, sure enough, pretending to be washing a window was my nemesis #2. Mr. E walked me to my car and then bent me over backwards to place one great big kiss on my delicate lips.

Off to the office raced nemesis #2 to let everyone know what was going on. I made sure to go back to the office with a great big smile on my face.

That afternoon, Pan stopped by the office to inquire how my lunch with Mr. E went and did our plan work, making sure that everyone in the office could hear.

After he left prim and proper came out to inquire who he was and when I explained he was my husband, she got all red in the face and apologized. He was who she thought I was having the affair with.

And Pan, you still got it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, you sly girl you!

Anonymous said...

Heh. Nice one :-)