Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Tribulations of a Good Laugh

Blog Prompt: The last time I laughed really hard...

Would have been when Indiana got his leash, oh, no, that wasn’t it. Maybe it was while I was writing about having SCS, nope not then either. No doubt, both of those are funny and I had a good laugh, but they aren’t “THE” laugh.

“THE” laugh is a chortle that starts from deep within the belly shaking loose like Krakatoa. It is the one that makes you spit milk from your nose (or whatever you are drinking); turns your face red from the lack of oxygen, makes your eyes tear so bad you look like your crying and starts all over again whenever anyone dares open their mouth.

I had one of those in my accounting class in college. I felt so sorry for my instructor, especially since it wasn’t anything he was doing or had done. Whatever had caught my fancy happened on the way to the class. But for the life of me I can’t remember what it was.

Then there are the times that the children do something so ridiculous you can’t help but laugh. I have lots of those. But listing them here would leave me with no blog fodder.

More recently happened to have been last week when Pan took me to dinner. He rolled his eyes when I said I was taking a little notebook with me to make notes of some of the things said that might spark a memory worth blogging about. Now at this point it is still just a tad underside of amusing.

Once we got to the restaurant, he got into the swing of things and started rambling off things that happened in both of our lifes. Out came the pen and paper. Yet there was no way I was going to be able to write down each and every word so we had to think of descriptions to fall back on.

Then it started. The tribulations of naming tribulations; wherein we were trying to come up with descriptive titles all including the word ‘tribulation.’ It’s not easy; let me tell you, especially if you are married to Pan. They got so out of hand and both of us were just about rolling with our thought processes that night.

They probably wouldn’t be funny to anyone else and I think everyone in the restaurant thought we were nuts. Maybe it was just having a life partner with whom I could laugh like that with, that made the evening so much fun. I take that back, there should be no ‘maybe’ in the previous sentence. He makes my life fun. Love you Pan.

3 comments:

Glynis said...

Love your description of a belly laugh--it's perfect!

loonyhiker said...

Nothing can be better with a great laugh with the one you love!

heather said...

Love the idea of you taking your notebook for blogging inspiration!! I often wish I could remember things the kids said, but I always forget them!