Friday, June 23, 2006

Minus 10 Tribulations

Blog Prompt: What are the best 10 things you have accomplished since your LAST birthday that ended in a zero?

1. Held my daughter’s hand during the birth of her daughter.
2. Watched my boys graduate from boot camp; in addition got to watch Nuke graduate from A School.
3. Took Princess Z to the Gulfarium every weekend for three years. We still buy annual passes but don’t seem to have the time we use to, lol.
4. Held my daughter’s hand during the birth of her son.
5. Met Honey, my dil, and Ballerina, my second granddaughter, for the first time.
6. Learned to control my anxieties while Nuke was on a sub and Scamp was in Iraq and Afghanistan.
7. Took a trip to Las Vegas to see the Star Trek Experience and to eat at Quark’s Bar.
8. Talked with my boys and Ballerina (who is just starting to really talk now) whenever they would call, even if it was 2 in the morning and I had to get up at 6. .
9. Started taking my daughter to lunch once a week so that we could talk about ourselves, our lives and our aspirations.
10. Took Princess Z to Disney World for a week.

And there you have it. Nothing world shattering; no golden globes or Nobel Peace prizes, but a wonderful 10 years filled with love

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
A Surprise Visit

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Visiting the dolphins

6 comments:

Sandra Holmes Stanton said...

Sounds like a wonderful ten years!! Isn't witnessing the birth of a child an amazing experience??? What a gift you gave to your daughter and grandchildren... well done!

loonyhiker said...

Wonderful life that you have! I think if your life is full of love, that is what counts.

Mrs_Who said...

I'm jealous of #7...maybe I can try to do that before my next -0 birthday.

Gabby Faye said...

You have a perfectly WONDERful list of accomplishments!!!

Meg said...

WOW!! Your list is amazing!! I hope my list someday is as full of such wonderful, loving moments!

heather said...

What a wonderful heart of the family you are - they are so lucky!!