Sunday, June 18, 2006

Tribulations of Choosing Dinner Guests

Didn't have time to do this yesterday and I am probably too tired to do it justice this morning. I don't get enough sleep as it is and I had to stay up and see the Discovery special on Krakatoa.

Blog Prompt: Name 5 famous people, dead or alive, that you would like to invite to a dinner party, and why.

I would have Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking to dinner at the same time so that I could sit back and listen to them debate. I would like to discuss their theories with them.

Since I majored in astronomy in college, I think the choice of Nicolaus Copernicus is a no-brainer decision.

It would be interesting to be able to find out if Homer actually wrote the Illiad and Odyssey and if, in fact, these works were based on even older legendary material.

Orson Wells would be another of my choices. He was a brilliant man and actor. I would love to ask him about his choices in his life.

3 comments:

faery-wings said...

Great choices- I too would like to see Einstein and Hawking debate a bit.

Judyy said...

Great ideas. And if you could find another chair, maybe you could throw in Galileo and Shakespeare. No slouches at your party!

Mrs_Who said...

Star Trek:TNG had an episode similar to that...Hawking, Einstein, and Sir Isaac Newton were playing poker with the character Data...now playing poker would be a good way to get the debates going!