Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Books and Tribulations

Blog Prompt: What was your favorite childhood book? If you have children, have you passed this book down?

Oh Oh. I loved reading as a child and still do. I remember going to the library every week to get a book to read. There was always the ‘new’ book to get and one tried and true. I especially loved science fiction. And my all time favorite was “A Wrinkle In Time,” by Madeleine L’Engle. There were others that I really enjoyed around the same time frame. They, too, were about time and the bending of time, but I cannot recall the names or the authors. I wish I could, as I would like to revisit the childhood memories contained therein.

But for passing it down, I never did, as I never owned it. Still it is interesting that when Disney made it into a movie, my mother remembered how much I liked the book and recorded the show for me.

8 comments:

heather said...

I've never heard of a Wrinkle in Time book OR movie! Sounds like something I would have enjoyed though...

Anonymous said...

Goodnight Moon!

Rave said...

Twenty-One Balloons.

Oh, and Where the Sidewalk Ends.

And yes, I have passed these down to my own children. I actually had to go out an buy the books for them, as I didn't own them.

Glynis said...

I loved that book too! Thanks for reminding me of that one!

Mrs_Who said...

(This is my 2nd attempt...hope I don't double comment.)

I loved A Wrinkle in Time (and it's where I got my moniker, too.) and the other books in that series. Haven't seen the movie yet, though it's on our Netflix queue. Is it any good?

loonyhiker said...

I loved the Wrinkle in Time, had my class listen to it on audio, but I didn't know anything about a movie! I will have to look for it.

Tiffani said...

This series was a fave of mine and a MUST when my daughters were old enough to read. Its a great book to pass on!

faery-wings said...

You should go to the library and re-read them. I bet you would really enjoy it!