Thursday, August 31, 2006

Tribulations of Playing School

Been a day. Indy has been sick for the last two days, throwing up. I feel so sorry for the little tyke but there appears to be nothing we can do for him but wait it out. It is some stomach bug going around (which means I will probably be next).

The Princess is a little put out about it since he is getting all the attention. Yesterday I told her I would play school with her today if Indy was feeling any better. She didn't believe me. I even taped a note up on my computer desk at eye level so I couldn't miss it and she still didn't believe me. I have no idea where this is coming from.

Anyway, as it turns out, I picked her up from school before Bombshell dropped off Indy so she did her homework and then I sat at the dining room table and played school with her. I was very attentive and paid strict attention to her. After 15 minutes though, she was tired of it and wanted to go play with her friends.

One of the things she had me do as a "student" was to write a short story on two short phrases she had given me: "little boy" and "wild cats" and it had to include a game. I got an A on my story so decided to share it here.

Little Boy and the Wild Cats

Little Boy was little, very little. He liked to play with the Wild Cats, but they didn't like to play with him. He was just too little.

This made Little Boy very sad. He wanted to be a Big Boy so he could play with the Wild Cats.

He was a very smart boy though and he decided that he would make a Wild Cats game on his computer. It turned out to be a very good game and he would play it for hours at a time.

It wasn't long before the Wild Cats realized Little Boy wasn't around anymore. They searched everywhere for Little Boy. "Where could he be?" they wondered.

One of the Wild Cats suggested they check his room. There was Little Boy sitting in front of his computer.

"What are you doing?" asked the Wild Cats. "Playing my new game," replied Little Boy. "Can we play?" the Wild Cats inquired. "No," said Little Boy, "this game is just for little boys."

Okay so it is hokie, but she liked it and as I said she gave me an "A".

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I'm so glad the Princess got some of your attention. I liked your story and glad you got an A!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhh... that was perfect. And I'm glad you got an A... btw, she didn't need a story on a little boy and wild cats for her own school work did she? GRIN

Unknown said...

Actually no, she didn't. She has a bucket full of these phrases and when she gets board she had Pan or I pick one or two to make up a story for her. I think she got it from when we took her to Disney and on the trip I would have her a couple of words and have her make up a story using them. Good practice for all of us.