Friday, August 18, 2006

I Want/Need Tribulations

Blog Prompt: Start 5 sentences with "I want..."
Start 5 sentences with "I need..."


I want all my children home to visit at the same time. Right now, this minute, you hear me. Okay maybe that is asking too much, LOL. But I would like them all home at the same time occasionally.

I want to be my perfect weight, right now, immediately. Again, not going to happen but I could wish can't I.

I want my children and grandchildren to be healthy and have happy lives. Unfortunately I only have a little control over that, the rest is up to them.

I want (okay this is getting tough now) to take lessons to use my camera more efficiently. To be able to get the best photographs I can.

I want to eventually go back to college and earn my degree in astronomy.

I need to count my blessings more often than I do.

I need to exercise more in order to obtain my ideal weight.

I need to remember that my children have their own lives now and not to interfer to much. I'm pretty good about it, but occasionally I tend to stick my nose in where it doesn't belong.

I need to listen more carefully to Princess, especially at this crucial age. And make sure I let her know when she is right.

I need to talk to my mother every day or every other day for me; not just for her. She is a great source of inspiration and advice. She can make me laugh and she can make me see what I do have that is important.

I guess I could have put in that I wanted a new computer, new television, etc., but those are things I know I will get in the next year or two, so where I am concerned they really are not 'wants.'

I, also, could have wanted world peace, and believe me I do, with two boys in the military I would be crazy not to want it. But that is going to take a lot more than an "I want."

Now I am going to go sit on the bed and watch "Sharkboy and Lavagirl" with Indy before we have to get dressed and leave for the photo shoot I have to do.

3 comments:

ArtcTrish said...

I love your list, honest and heartfelt! I hope you get that degree one day!!!

loonyhiker said...

I loved the blessings one. I wish I put that one in my list!

Anonymous said...

10 Picture tips:

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=/38/39/317&pq-locale=en_US&_requestid=20030

Personally, I've also noticed that professional photographers tend to take pictures where their subjects are at an angle to the edge of the frame, and not perfectly horizontal or vertical.

See this guy for some examples:

http://photodude.com/galleries/