Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Courses, Study and Tribulations

Blog Prompt: What did you study in school, or what was a favorite subject? Did you receive your education somewhere other than school?

And the winner is...... Okay, I'm really going to have to think on this one.

Elementary school was the basics so I guess I can pretty much leave this one out. Junior high is where things really began to change. I really liked German, Chorus and Literature. I remember in Lit one year we got to divide up into groups and then we had to act out our favorite story. My best friend and I did ours on a Japanese story we had read. She had blonde, blonde hair so we dyed her hair black with that spray dye you could buy. Boy was her mom mad. Now I can understand why, lol.

When it comes to high school, I can't think of much I didn't like. Gosh, I can't think of any I didn't like. Though I think my absolute favorite subject was Latin. There was just something fascinating about the subject and even if I can't speak it anymore, I can, at least, still sing Jingle Bells in it. I would love to take a refresher course in it now, if it was still offered anywhere around here.

UPDATE: After reading Heather's post it reminded me of a course I had to take in my senior year. I mentioned it in Loonyhiker's comments a day or so ago too. It was called recreation and we took it instead of P.E. In rec we learned hiking, biking, chess, darts, canoeing, sailing, fishing, shuffleboard and ballroom dance, among others. It was definitely different and a lot of fun.

7 comments:

Lori said...

I hated PE, but I could have lived with recreation! How cool is that!

Bonnie said...

My dad studied latin in school, they don't do it in South Africa anymore.
Recreation sounded nice, I hated PE at school, I always used to fake being ill or be absent on those days!

Anonymous said...

Ok... now you HAVE to post the Latin lyrics to Jingle Bells :-)

Anonymous said...

my senior year was the first year they offered a high ropes class in PE. So we climbed the wall, and did all sorts of things way high off the gymnasium floor. Very, very cool. And only seniors could take it.

heather said...

Sounds like you were a great student. I hated PE too becaues I was so bad at sport, so rec would have been better!

Glynis said...

Latin, huh? I wished I'd taken Latin--now I'd like to learn New Testament Greek. And btw, I got a 23.85% on the geek test--did you do better :) ?

loonyhiker said...

I wish they had that course when I was in high school! Of course back then, I'm not so sure I would have taken it. It's funny how our tastes change over the years.