Wednesday, August 09, 2006

"Healings" and Tribulations

Blog Prompt: Use the word "healing" however you want/need. What do you do to find it? Who helps you with it? Are there activities that you do to work towards healing or to heal yourself emotionally?

The images that raced through my mind with these questions, but we won't go there as I was taught that you do not discuss religion, politics or sex in polite company. Although some of these may come up later, lol.

It seems that when I was in first grade I came down with every childhood disease imaginable: chicken pox, mumps, measles, name it and I probably had it. It may not have necessarily even been during my first grade year, just feels like it. My mother is more capable of responding to that than I am.

But, back to the 'healing.' As a normal red-blooded child, I bounced back from these illnesses with ease. And bounced is right. I remember that we (ddpup and I) would get to sleep in the living room occasionally when we were ill and there were times of bouncing on the sofa. You know, I think bouncing in the living room will heal most ills.

As I become an adult, I found that in order to heal physically, I needed solitude. Maybe I need it because I can't get it. First children now grandchildren intrude on that solitude.

As far as emotional healing goes, I talk to my mother. She is a fount of information and I value her input (even if I don't use it).

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Solitude I like that!