Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Tribulations of Shirts Your Mother Hates

Blog Prompt: What was one of your favorite outfits when you were a kid? Considering our different ages, this might be fun!

I don't remember too much about what I actually wore as a kid. Other than most times it was made by mom and was pretty comfortable.

It wasn't until I got into my teens that I remember really getting "store bought" clothes. I babysat so occasionally I would buy something I really liked. One item in particular stands out. A shirt. It was like a peasant blouse almost, but it had tie in the front that when it was tied left a circle open right around the cleavage area. My mom hated it.

At this point I can't tell why I liked it so much (maybe because mom didn't, but I don't think so) or why mom disliked it so much. Probably I thought it made me look cool and mom thought it made me look like a PWB. She was probably right.

1 comment:

ArtcTrish said...

Thats funny...boy, I didn't even think about the clothes "mom hated but I loved"...great post!