Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Blog Prompt, Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Describe a childhood game you used to play. Who did you play with? Any special (ie. made-up) rules?

For the most part growing up, I lived on Air Force bases. I don't know how they are now, but back those many years ago, it was a pretty close knit family of kids. It was Blytheville AFB, Arkansas, and the game was hide and seek. We played it every change we got, I think. Right up until dark a lot of times. Funny though I don't remember where we would hide. Oh well, guess that is a sign of age.

4 comments:

Mrs_Who said...

We played hide-and-seek in the house...until my sister pushed me out of the windowsill behind the curtain where she was hiding...and I hit my head and needed stitches!

I also remember cartoon freeze-tag.

heather said...

My kids still love hide and seek, an oldie but a goodie!!

faery-wings said...

That makes me remember, we used to play h&s and freeze,flashlight tag too.

Anonymous said...

We played "army" as in we'd get all painted up and pretend to blow stuff up. it was fun. Or we'd play swing in which we'd swing from the rafters in the hay loft, out into soft scratchy piles of hay, trying desperately to miss the big hole (Hay chute) . . . good times.