Monday, August 21, 2006

Tribulation of Lost Brain Cells

Pan use to work as a government contractor. He always spoke with reverence when talking about his immediate boss, Mr. C. I finally got to meet Mr. C and he is a sweet, soft-spoken man. But Mr. C has the mind like a 500G memory chip. He doesn’t forget anything. He can tell you the number of a document you worked on 5 years prior. And notice I said “you” not “he.”

People would get so flustered when he would ask them about such & such a document and they couldn’t remember. Then he would pull out a newspaper clipping he carried around with him. In essence it stated that having sex improved your memory. But it left out a part.

I am a fairly intelligent person. I studied astronomy, worked as a legal assistant for an attorney, wrote building contracts and then worked as an office manager for a newspaper. So I guess it is fair to assume I am not stupid.

So it was odd that after I married Pan, I started doing stupid things. The worst of which was to get in the car without looking to see if there was anything on the seat. One time when it happened it was something rather uncomfortable that I sat on and I made a nasty comment about people leaving things on the seat. Pan just looked at me and asked why I didn’t look before sitting down. Still being snappish, I glared at him, telling him in no uncertain terms, “That while having sex may improve his memory, it was because he was sucking my brain cells out.”

5 comments:

heather said...

haha! Thanks for another great excuse for my bad memory!!

Gabby Faye said...

Oh DEAR! I never heard about the memory part, but your comeback is perfect. And here I thought it was having kids that did that.

loonyhiker said...

I couldn't stop laughing! Hope my hubby doesn't hear that it helps his memory, I'll have to beat him off with a stick!

Karen said...

So sex is just a male conspiracy to steel brain cells from women. Just as well we have plenty to start with!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm

I think this is what my husband thinks also. He's such a heffa sometimes (but boy do I love 'im)