Saturday, August 19, 2006

Birthdays and Tribulations

Okay today is my 50th birthday, yup the big 5 0. Pretty cool.

Last night Bombshell took me to dinner at a Japanese restaurant with Pan and a friend of hers who had a birthday last week. I was at a loss as to how to refer to Bombshell's friend until our chef decided for me. He kept calling her LuvBucket all evening so that is what I will call her as well.

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

(Bombshell is on the left, LuvBucket on the right.) We had a great time, a funny and clever chef and a wonderful meal. I had shrimp which is always delicious. But then there were the vegetables. They have added broccoli since the last time I was there. While it was good, I really would have preferred more zucchini and yellow squash. They are also now offering a chose of soups and salads. I always liked the egg drop soup and tossed salad with ginger dressing. Guess I could have had Pan order the miso soup and cucumber salad just to taste it, but didn't think of it at the time.

vw bug sent me a present which arrived yesterday. Boy was that a story in itself, but I think I will leave it to her to tell, since she was the one most involved. BTW bug I did find an envelope from you from a couple of years ago and you had the right zip on that one.

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

According the shipping label the package contains: A Tinker Bell dinner plate, 1 each of a hot pink fork & spoon, Tinker Bell cup, Princess Beaded Mirror Activity ( this is the white mirror, beads, ribbon and glue), 1 Tinker Bell thank you note, 2 Tinker Bell lunch napkins, fairy wings, 1 Tinker Bell invitation, 1 Tinker Bell sticker sheet, silver tiara, 1 Tinker Bell blowout, 1 favor box, 1 pink brush, 1 mini silver star wand, 1 roll-on body glitter, 1 purple goblet, 1 Tinker Bell dessert plate, 1 feather ring and 1 heart mirror. Very sweet gift, so I thought until Bombshell made the observation that is it possible but thought that once you reached 50 you were to old to party with anyone else? Ummmmm.

9 comments:

Rachelle Jones said...

Happy 50 BABY....

a waiter using cute names huh?

if he was straight, and hot, I hope you left him a big tip

gay, still tip, not as much

mediocre looking less tip

A hot waiter calling you sexy names allnight will always work, especially if he convinces the bartender to make all of the drinks double and charge for singles...

Unknown said...

LOL. Wasn't me he was calling sexy names, but daughter's friend. Oh well.

Rachelle Jones said...

The birthday girl got no sexy names...not one squuezed in?

yeah scratch the tip

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure what you would do with 8 of them. I can't see you inviting 8 girlfriends over to a "Tinkerbell" party. Baw hahahahaha....

loonyhiker said...

Happy Birthday! I loved the items in the package! Great idea for my sister who will turn 60 in 3 years. Gotta remember this!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Army Wife. The Birthday Girl needs the sexy names!

Happy Birthday!!

Rachelle Jones said...

try those wings, with some stockings!!

heather said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

AmandaDufau said...

Happy birthday Tink! Love the present from vw!