Friday, September 01, 2006

Summer & Water Tribulations

Didn't get yesterday's blog prompt done so here it is first in line:

Blog Prompt: What did you get out of summer this year? Did you learn anything? Do anything new? Wrap it up for us!
I realized I was getting older. That it isn't as easy to chase after children when you are 50 as it is when you are 25. We don't normally "do" anything different during the summer unless the boat is in the water, which it wasn't this year. But then that brings us to today's prompt.

Blog Prompt: Tell how you feel about water - playing in it, seeing it, using it. Talk about various bodies of water you have seen and an experience or feeling.
I like water, but prefer to swim at the pool. I'm not a big fan of swimming in the ocean. To many things in there. I also don't like going to the beach during the summer or school vacations. There are just too many people who are not watching what their kids are doing and it stresses me out to see them in the water without supervision.

I love it when we have the boat in the water and can take it out to the Bayou or Crab Island for the day. Just sit back read, rest and relax. Yep that's the life.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Well how is a gal supposed to compete with a post like the one above mine??!! Here, here to that! Who is that???
Tink, I agree about people not watching their kids at the beach, it freaks me out too! And I hate the sand.

mom2triplets04 said...

I certainly agree with the ocean and the statement that you feel like you are getting old. I am not 50 but not 25 either. I'm like in between but I tell you having toddlers all at the same age is exhausting. Wish I could sit and read, rest and relax but I'm on the go, go go here. I'm glad I found the blogger challenges. It's been a lot of fun.

mom2triplets04 said...

Really enjoyed your entry today especially the part when you mentioned your bikini top falling off. I really needed a laugh and you certainly brought up a chuckle. Thanks. Hope to read your blog more often as I do need some more laughter in my life. Thanks again.

Gabby Faye said...

Maybe our age is why grandchildren behave better for grandparents. They KNOW we can't chase them. Mine is perfectly happy to have me sit and read to her. Of course I have some pretty fantastic children's books I rescued from my classroom for her.

loonyhiker said...

It stresses me out to see children unsupervised anywhere but the older I get, it has begun to irritate me more than stress me!