Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Dinner Tribulations

Wednesday's Blog Prompt: Where do you like to go to eat out? What do you order?
Any stories of a special night out?


I love to eat out at different restaurants. Each has its own unique dishes. I love Olive Garden's salad and if going for lunch, that is the only thing I order. Outback has outstanding steaks. But the ultimate has to be Yamato's, a Japanese restaurant similar to Beni Hana's. Only better.

I almost always order the shrimp, though will vary it with the filet from time to time. I love the vegetables, salad with ginger dressing and the sticky rice. Yummmmm. (I'm making myself hungry).

Pan and the kids (Nuke, Scamp and Bombshell) took me there for dinner one birthday. We had a new chef that night and he had eyes only for Bombshell and kept tossing green pepper pieces at Pan. Then there was the night we took Bombshell and J1 to celebrate their upcoming nuptials. Bombshell loves sushi and ordered it as an appetizer. J1 had never had it before, so she told him all about it. J1 picks up a piece of sushi and adds about a tablespoon of Wasabi to it. I was going to stop him when Bombshell signaled for me to leave it alone. I felt so bad for J1 as he turned red in the face and was drinking anything he could get his hands on.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm wasabi

ArtcTrish said...

LOL! Poor thing...great post...e-mail me when we should go for shrimp!

Pam said...

It's fun to read & learn -- I found a freshwasabi.com while looking for what wasabi is. I don't like sushi - but do like Japanese cuisine - but I don't like horseradish either.

Glynis said...

I'd never had wasabi until a while back, but I did watch a coworker eat a Tbsp. on a dare--he ended up spending the 10 dollars that he'd won for every kind of pepto-bismol ever made :)

loonyhiker said...

My hubby took a teaspoon of wasabi at lunch on a cruise. It took his breath away and he will not ever touch it again!

Anonymous said...

I think I would be the same as J1-I can't stand seafood! I had a laugh at the chef tossing pepper at pan though!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

My younger son LOVES wasabi. I was assuming at 2.5 years old he would hae teh stuff but I have to keep an eye on him so he doens't put the whole ball in his mouth.