Monday, September 18, 2006

Fragmented Tribulations

Monday Blog Prompt: What fragments of your past stay with you even though they seem insignificant?

There are several and most seem to involve my sister, ddpup, for some reason.

I remember sitting at a kitchen table with my dad as he fixed me a cup of "coffee." It was milk with just a tad of coffee added to give it color. In the same house I recall seeing a Christmas tree, that I swear must have been 20 feet tall. It wasn't but it sure looked big to me.

I vaguely remember the two of us painting the trailer we were living in at the time with turpentine.

Then there was the time she fell off her tricycle and broke her arm. Of course, the time we were terrorized by a turkey while picking up our toy poodle.

There are plenty more, but I may have to save them for blog fodder.

4 comments:

loonyhiker said...

It's funny how the size of things are relative to our perspective! Sounds like y'all had an interesting childhood. I would like to know more about the maniac turkey...

Roses said...

I remember eating Pringles in my brother's bedroom. Pringles were a new, fascinating thing, and my big brother had bought them with his own newspaper delivery money.
He shared them with me but I don't remember him sharing with our other siblings.

Anonymous said...

It's funny how when we are little things look so huge and then as an adult we look at the same thing it looks much smaller!

Karen said...

You have some pretty vivid memories of your childhood. It's funny how it tends to be the little things that really stick with us.