Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Decorating Tribulations

Tuesday Blog Prompt: If you could have a designer come into a room of your house and redecorate it for you, which room would it be and what would you ask them for?

Easy (or hard?). Right now I guess it would be the kitchen, since Nuke has started redecorating for me anyway. He has replaced the particle board and lanolium backsplash with stone tile. Woo Hoo. This was desperately needed and the original was coming apart and rotting.

But if money was not object I would have stone tile put on the floor; take down the wall paper and replace with a matching stone tile to the backsplash. I would move the oven/stove over by the fridge and make the counter where it is currently strictly as a work surface and storage. (I have a very tiny kitchen.)

I would redo the countertops with real marble or possibly that new substance they have come out with that is suppose to be germ resistant. A new sink and faucet would be a must as well. I have already picked out the faucet while Nuke and I were getting the backsplash yesterday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't redo my whole kitchen but I would love a stylish double sink put in, those deep sqaure ones-I love them! And a pretty tap, and I would make new blinds and then I would love to take out my pot drawers and put baskets in instead. I never have heard of germ resistant counters, sounds good!

carin.c said...

Stone tile backsplash sounds like a "rockin" start to me... (yes, bad pun intended)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Congrats on getting a new kitchen! we have natural slate floors & countertops in the kitchen. As nice as it looks, it can be a real PITA to keep clean

loonyhiker said...

You are so lucky to have a son who could do this kind of work! At least it is something you can do together!

Mrs_Who said...

Ditto Staci's comment - and stone floors mean a lot more glasses and plates break when they drop.

Unknown said...

But it also means new china and silverware and new glasses and etc....... LOL

Glynis said...

Wonderful...I can just imagine what it would look like!