Monday, September 25, 2006

Sleeping Tribulations

Monday Blog Prompt: Are you a night owl or a morning person or something in between? Do you know when this habit began in your life? Do you think people’s sleep patterns are really a part of who they are (like hair color) or can be changed with circumstances?

Night owl, morning person, an all around "I don't want to sleep" person. Although I have gotten better about wanting and realizing the need for sleep, I still find that I don't want to. I have been this way since I was a toddler and probably before. And I know why too. I don't want to miss anything. While you are sleeping there are things still going on. I wanted and still want to know everything.

As for sleep patterns being a part of who they are? Well that is a yes and no. I think you are predisposed to sleep a certain way, but that your sleep habits can be changed and probably do change over the years whether you want them to or not. As I have found out. :)

3 comments:

Glynis said...

Don't want to sleep? I'm not sure I know many people with that particular attitude! Most people are the other way around...I guess that's what makes you unique, Tink :)!!

loonyhiker said...

I never thought of that choice...wow! think of how much work I could get done if I didn't sleep...think of how much scrapbooking I could do (of course there is no guarantee of what it would look like).

Anonymous said...

I often feel like this too. Like "Why must I sleep I have so much to do" I even feel that way about eating sometimes, to me, (sometimes I must add) eating is a chore that can easily be done away with in a day! Am I mad? probably.