Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 Memories, Tributes & Tribulations

I know I should have, but I didn't partipate in the memorial taking place on the blogs this day. (side note: You can go to the memorial page to get a list of all those who have placed a memorial on their blog, but be advised that it is temporarily suspended so you may have to check back periodically.) I should have, but I kept being interrupted by memories of that day. Still that is no excuse...

I did not know anyone who so tragically lost their life that day. It doesn't mean I don't feel it. I was working when it happened, I was in with the boss when the news came through. There was a scramble to redo the paper to include the event.

But my first thought upon hearing and seeing it was for my sons. No, neither one of them were in New York. Both were in the military. One was in the Navy; the other is a Marine. Scamp has already served a tour in Iraq and one in Afghanistan.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar

So while my heart goes out the families of those lost that day, just as much of it goes out to the families of those lost defending our country from that travisty and from future ones.

There is no way to thank the men and women who serve so tirelessly for our freedom; who give their lives to prove those who died on 9/11 did not die in vain.

Since the memorial page is currently down below are some of those who posted in memory of 9/11 or for the 2996 project:

Ack Thbbt
ArmyWifeToddlerMom - in Memory of Ramzi Doany
ArtcMom
Babalu - in Memorial of George C. Merino
Bobo Blogger
Boudicca's Voice - in Memory of Don Simmons
Brandon's Puppy
Cecli Digi Scrapping
Creative Triplet Mom
Decrepit Old Fool
Digital Scrapbooking
Eclectic Musings by Grizz
Elizabeth's Book of Me Journal
Ex Scrap O Late
From Chaos to Serendipity - in Memory of Patrick O'Keefe
Heather's Blog
House of Zathras - in Memory of Maria Jakubiak
Lee Ann's View
Letters from NYC - in Memory of Allison Horstmann-Jones
Letters from NYC - suggested reading: From a Firey Tower to the Heavens; Into the Fire They Went; Words; and Breath.
My Life & Chaos! - in Memory of Michael Theodoridis
On being a scientist and a woman...
Ordinary Days
Quality Weenie
Scrapping Till the Cows Come Home
Tammi's World
Technicalities - in Memory of Carol K. Demitz
That 1 Guy - in Memory of Rahma Salie
The Pages of Our Crazy Life

And from Sticks a link to a Virtual Memorial.

4 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I am truly thankful for all the men and women who put their lives on the line on a daily basis to keep me free. Please tell your sons that I am very grateful and keep them in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

You are right...we need to remember those who lose their lives daily while keeping us all safe...AND FREE!
Trish
ps...my dh was front line in the Gulf War with the Marines

Mrs_Who said...

Thank you for posting the links. I've tried to read as many as I can. I will never think of 9/11 the same way again. I had always known there were 'real people' that died, with families, lives, loves, interests,...but this has made it so much more for me. I will remember.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to do... posting the links. Thank You.