Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Heroes & Tribulations

Before I get started on the prompt, if you haven't been by Grizz' lately, you need to head on over and read his Sunday post.

Tuesday Blog Prompt: Do you have a hero in your life? Why would you call them that?

So many heroes. If you did as I suggested above and read Grizz' Sunday post, you will know some of my heroes are the men and women serving in our military. And why do I call them heroes? Well if you read this blog on any kind of basis, I think you know why.

Another is my mom. Not only is she a hero, but a saint. She is always there for me, offering advice, providing a shoulder, just listening.

Pan... He is so smart, sometimes scary smart. He is also patient, kind and understanding. He is not quick to anger and is the first to apologize. How did I get surrounded by saints?

My kids. When I grow up I want to be just like them. Oh wait, that would be a paradox wouldn't it? I am just so proud of the people they have become.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed you didn't include me in Sainthood. Probably smart on your part but I'll still have to find a way to twist this around and get you back... just give me some time.

Glynis said...

Our soldiers are MOST DEFINITELY heroes...thanks for the reminder.

Unknown said...

my mum is my hero as well!

I also have alot of respect for those in the military.I think we should all really appreciate all they do so that we can have the freedoms we tend to take for granted.