Sunday, September 24, 2006

Children, Food, Roaches & Tribulations

Okay, I'm behind in reading... But I have been trying to catch up, that was until I ran into Bou's Children Eat the Strangest Things in response to Eric's Stains post.

As you well know by know Indy has a definite taste for pennies. Apparently the Operation did nothing to detract from that infatuation and has in fact led to a taste for push pins, tie tacks and buttons. But only buttons which have a staple in them where they were attached to the card. It's a metal thing apparently.

Still for a two year old he has a strange sense of taste. He loves and I mean loves jalepeno cheese dip. Forget the chips, give him a spoon. When he got a Whataburger today, he opened it to eat all the onions out then finish the burger. Did the same thing with the onion rings this evening too. Takes after his Uncle Nuke who has loved brussel sprouts since he was about 1 1/2. I have to be careful to watch him when I open the fridge as he will try to sneak the onions out. Yes to eat.

Then there was Bou's Contest in conpetition with Sissy's Drowning in a Puddle of Raid and All-In

Nuke has been a great help since he's been here and yesterday there was just the two of us. We were working on the kitchen when I mentioned that we had a leak in the pipes under the sink. I have had my fill of fixing things under the sinks, I want you to know. I know how and have done it plenty, but have decided that now it is up to someone else to fix them. So for the last two or so years I have not looked under the sink (either bathroom or kitchen). But Nuke is brave and sure enough there is a leak. We head off to the hardware to get the parts we need and when we get back Nuke fixes it. Then decides to clean out under it.

Still no big deal until a cockroach comes out from nowhere and heads straight for him. Being resourceful he squishes it. But I'll be darned if the thing just keeps on running. It disappeared only to reappear this evening. I was prepared and sitting here with a bottle of bleach next to me. Out it comes and I squirt it. The darned thing started chasing me down the hall, while I am requesting help from Pan or Nuke to kill it.

Finally Pan comes to the rescue. He had to slam it with a shoe at least six times, then ground it into the carpet. Well that patch of carpet is now bleached.

No comments: