Monday, September 25, 2006

Families & Tribulations

Tammi of Tammi's World is hosting a link of Family Day posts and I definitely don't want to let her down, seeing as how I can probably come up with some really good family stories here without resorting to belittling bug.

How about a Thanksgiving or two memory....

I normally did not have to cook for Thanksgiving (and still don't), but occasionally did have the chore fall to me. The kids were little and my boss (an attorney) usually gave me a smoked turkey breast or two (which left only the side dishes to fix). But instead of giving the children turkey, I always bought them cornish hens, stuffed them, cooked them and served them on their plates. They were so excited to have their very own "turkeys" to eat.

And thinking of those little turkeys, reminds me of (I don't know why there is nothing comparable in the stories) to the Thanksgiving that dad decided over dinner we were going to drive to Omaha to visit some friends. So that is what we did. He was rather spontaneous like that.

And since we are celebrating family day, how about a couple of pictures of a beautiful granddaughter to make it complete.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!!!
See my blog for your instructions :o)

Tammi said...

Thank you Tink. I'll get your link up on the post this evening.

What a great story!!!!!