Thursday, September 21, 2006

Tribulations of a Pack Rat

Thursday Blog Prompt: Do you prefer to collect and save things or live sparsely, getting rid of things regularly?

Okay, I admit it. I'm a pack rat. I save everything. Everything my kids or grands have written or drawn, every card I have received. Books, dvds, coffee cups, plates, boxes, scrapbook supplies, cross stitch supplies, cameras, you name it, I probably have gazillions of them. I am getting better about throwing away grocery receipts though.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... the grocery receipts... just started tossing them myself (though I look hard at them first to make sure I am not tossing a 10% off coupon or something)... and also now tossing the gas receipts too (don't even look at them as too depressing... don't want to know what I pay for gas)!!

Kirsten N. Namskau said...

Well, I was like that, but after "starting over" several times, I must admit...I don't have anything any more. (Only some drawings from the kids, some cards from family, some books, some....)

Anonymous said...

I too am a pack rat and just accepted it. Even afer moving several times I still have the most random items. However, my hubby to be has not embraced my pack ratness.

loonyhiker said...

I'm beginning to think that most scrappers are pack rats. I'm so relieved that I'm not the only one!

heather said...

LOL good job with the grocery receipts anyways!! LOL

Glynis said...

I always throw receipts that I end up needing...but grocery ones, not so much :)

Roses said...

I am more likely to give away things that belong to everyone else in the house before I can part with my own more useless things.

So unfair.

I have way too much stuff.