Friday, September 29, 2006

It's All in the Family Tribulations

Part II of Bug Battle commences.

You know I actually think my real time sister, bug, started all this bug battle with her "There's a Fly in My Soup" post. If you missed part I of my post, you can find it: Here. There are also additional links below for more bizarre bug posts.

Bombshell, while not really caring for the bug species any longer, now that she has reached that ancient age of.... Okay, give me a minute. {Nuke will be 30 next year, which means Scamp will be 28, so Bomb will be 27, which makes her....} 26 years, yeah, I think that's right, 26 years, she is not absolutely terrified of any except spiders.

Still her children do take after her. The Princess, well knowing of her mother's arachniphobia, could persuade Pan or I to buy her toy spiders of any size, just so we could see Bombshell chased around the house screaming her head off. And she was not at all thrilled with having to ride home with a 3 foot spider in the car either. Nor having to take it into Ruby Tuesday's with us for dinner. The Princess sat it in a chair next to her and shared her dinner and conversation with it all night.

But her son, the adorable Indy, topped anything that we could possibly imagine. Bombshell was telling me that she had ordered pizza for dinner and while they were eating one of those dreaded roaches scurried across the table.

She was pointing it out to Indy, trying to get him to say bug, when faster than you can say flyswatter, his pizza slice came down and squished it. He turned the slice over, eyed the bug for a moment then proceeded to finish eating his pizza slice. It may not be a bug in the ear, but I think I had rather have one in the ear than to have a bug pizza.
Then T1G posted about Bugs. Or how about the fact that Bug cannot tell the difference between bugs and raisins. Then there was the post for the all natural bug repellent recipes. (Sis, if you even think of using one of Pan's beer for the lawn bugs, you may as well move out of the country). You definitely don't want Richmond's dh to take care of any bug problems you may have. Then back to Bug to actually share pictures of her bug life with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! You are so humrous Tink! I love your little stories! This one takes the cake! Thanks for sharing your humor and stories.