Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My Tribulations are at Bay

Yeah..... NavyNuke is home. Well almost. He is at mom's house, just about an hour and a half away. He got there yesterday and stayed the night, but he will be home today. I am so excited to see him, as is the Princess who has been asking about her uncle Nuke since she heard he was coming.

It is strange though, hearing him yesterday, brought back another 9/11 memory. His. I remember where he was at on that fateful day. He was in a restaurant in Guam. I remember him telling some Japanese businessmen came over to offer their condolences.

But for at least today and tomorrow I will have him home with me before he starts on another journey in his life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just keep him away from the duct tape.

When I was on ship, some Nukes got bored and started making a duct tape ball. Must've weighed about 50 pounds when they were done with it. Just for fun, they dropped it down a 30-foot escape ladder shaft onto a hard hat. Turns out there are some things a hard hat won't protect you from. The thing got pancaked.

Nothing scarier than a bored Nuke :-)

Mrs_Who said...

Yay for Nuke being home!!