Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Penny Ante Tribulations

Well folks, it is over. Indy is doing fine. Mother and grands exhausted. It was not, I repeat, not an earring. It was a penny. It is amazing what a minimum of 5 days in a stomach can do to a penny.

The way the doctors were talking I though it got lodged in the lining of his stomach. But when said and over with, it was lodged in between his small intestines and stomach. The area in which it was lodged has ulcerated and he will be on prilosec for the next month. He will also be on a liquid diet today and tomorrow.

He was released from the hospital last night. Considering what was going on, he was one of the best behaved two year olds I have ever seen. Of course, this may have contributed to why they did not catch on earlier that he had swallowed something.

I will get some pictures posted later in the week after they are developed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Baby!!

Glynis said...

Oh, I'm just so glad he's okay!