Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A Tribulation on July 4, I think not

Blog Prompt: what you did to celebrate Independence day!

Slept late. Ah blessed sleep. But then why am I still tired?

Pretty much we just stayed home and watched the shuttle launch on both computer and television, and listened to and discussed the North Korean missile launch. Talked with our loved ones. Got Pan's truck running again (fingers crossed) and just enjoyed one another's company in silent peace.

It was a quiet day. Pan had the requisite hamburgers; while I fixed myself bruschetta with beefsteak tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella and kalamata olives, lightly drizzled with oil and vinegar. Yum. Okay so it is not your normal 4th of July fare, but I had a choice, which is more than some have. And for that I am most thankful.

4 comments:

Glynis said...

Sounds delicious! And what a great way to spend the day.

Meg said...

Oh my goodness!! I'll take your meal over hamburgers any day!! and your peaceful day sounds heavenly, happy belated 4th!

loonyhiker said...

I slept in too until 5:30am! What luxuries! Glad you had a good day!

faery-wings said...

**drools** Forget the BBQ, I am coming to your house for the bruschetta