Saturday, July 15, 2006

Left/Right Brain Tribulations

After seeing the "Bean Counter" on Scrappin' Till The Cows Come Home blogsite, I remembered doing some right/left brain activities with mom while growing up. You know the kind, like holding your arms out at length and making a triangle with your thumbs and forefinger, centering an object in it and then closing one eye, then the other. Whichever eye kept the object within the triangle was the dominant side of the brain. The other I remember quite well was the spelling game. Mom would toss a word out and I had to spell it as fast as I could, backwards.

For those interested, I found the man in less than 6 seconds, the object stays within the triangle no matter which eye is open and I use to be able to "see" the word enabling me to spell it backwards rather quickly. But in light of the "bean counter" and memories of games, I went looking for information on the sides of the brains and came with this fun "test" and some interesting facts.

Brain Lateralization Test Results
Right Brain (54%) The right hemisphere is the visual, figurative, artistic, and intuitive side of the brain.
Left Brain (54%) The left hemisphere is the logical, articulate, assertive, and practical side of the brain
Are You Right or Left Brained?
personality tests by similarminds.com


I took several of the online "tests" for this, and even though I got similar results from them all, I found this one to be a better indicator as you chose percentages as opposed to one or the other type answers.

For more technical information on Left and Right Brain thinking check out Funderstanding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ight Brain |||||||||| 38%
Left Brain |||||||||||||||| 68%

Unknown said...

Yeah right, I noticed how you misspelled Right.