Thursday, July 27, 2006

72 Hour Tribulations

For a good friend who wanted to know:

With regard to the question in the meme about staying for for 48 hours I had mentioned once staying up for 72 hours.

I had to take Scamp to the doctor when he was around three because he was having problems breathing. Asthma. Who would have figured (I'm being sarcastic since his older brother had asthma)? Anyway the doc gave him a shot and prescribed some medicine. I don't remember what it was now, but I am sure it isn't be prescribed very often anymore.

The medication had poor Scamp bouncing off the walls for three days. And it just so happened that the three days were the 23rd, 24th and 25th of December. Not many doctor offices open on those days and, if I recall correctly, the emergency room told me not to give him any more of the medication until I could talk to his doctor.

I now know for a fact that a three year old can stay up for 72 hours without any ill side effects. Now if that was just true for his mother.

5 comments:

Glynis said...

Hee hee! The last time I took my little guy to the doctor for asthma, he was running around the office like a wild man...nobody believed he was really sick!! *LOL*

heather said...

Oh my goodness! They should have given you a shot of that stuff too!! LOL

loonyhiker said...

Thank you so much for feeding my curiosity! I can't imagine being with a little guy running wild but my husband has suffered from asthma and breathing problems so he was put on prednisone. For 6 days, hubby was chatty Cathy and wanted to have deep long discussions at 3am. I was ready to pretend to be "Lady OJ Simpson!"

faery-wings said...

OMG, you poor thing- I am not a happy camper without sleep.

Gabby Faye said...

I probably shouldn't have laughed at this, but WHAT a Christmas you must have had!!!