Thursday, July 20, 2006

Proposal Tribulations

Blog Prompt: How were you proposed to? (if not yet married, how would you like to be proposed to?) And did you like your proposal, if you could choose one , what would you like to have happened?

Did I like my proposal? Yes. We were sitting there one morning, after having an off-site at his apartment the night before, talking when he proposed. I don't know who was more surprised, him or me. According to everyone I knew who also knew Pan, he was the confirmed bachelor.

He told me once why he asked me, but I will have to get his take on it to make sure I get it right, lol. I said yes because he is the sweetest, most gentle, smartest, most maladjusted man I ever knew.

This month we celebrate our 17th anniversary (didn't think I would remember, heh Pan?) and I do not regret one moment of our time together. I look forward to many more years to come.

9 comments:

Glynis said...

Very very sweet! He sounds wonderful!

Unknown said...

How wonderful that you have had 5 years already Sharia. Seems if you can make it past that mark, things start getting easier.

Glad you like the "character" names. As I sit and look at it though, I realize that for most of them, those are the names we kind of refer to ourselves as when we are all together.

Gabby Faye said...

I would really love to see his take on the proposal. Yours certainly was interesting.

debra said...

wow...sounds like you were lucky to have caught "in the moment" :)

Sounds like a great match!

Meg said...

Great story!! I love that you both were shocked! Congrats on 17 years!

heather said...

Lovely story, 17 years is great and he sounds sweet!

faery-wings said...

Great story and from your blog you got a great one (and Pan, if you are reading- you did yoo! LOL)
Happy 17 years!

Mrs_Who said...

Congratulations...17 years is a wonderful gift to share with each other. May you have many, many more times that number!

Anonymous said...

17 years! Holy crap. I didn't realize it had been that long already. Boy time flies by. Congratulations.