Monday, July 10, 2006

Summer Tribulations

Blog Prompt: Today Meg gave us a few words related to summer and asked us to choose two or three and use them as our prompt! Sunny, warm, picnics, outdoors, sunshine, hot, sticky, sweltering, insects, bugs, camping, swimming, lakes, boating, summer, corn, carnivals, festivals, parades, beach, fun, celebrate, biking, hiking, campfires, pools, outdoors, watermelon, sand castles, ice cream.

In NW Florida sunny, hot, sticky and sweltering is the only way to describe the weather these days. I think I will be glad for winter (what little we get) to set in. But if we are going to have to be outdoors, I can think of nothing better than taking the boat out to crab island and grilling some steaks. Of course, that means putting the boat in the water.

Then again if we ever get the key to the pool, we can take Princess and Indiana for an afternoon of splashing fun. Well Pan can. I really don’t like to be in a crowd of kids at the pool. Makes me to nervous, knowing their parents aren’t really watching them.

Summer also means blowing bubbles (see pic below), lighting sparklers and fireworks on Princess’ birthday and going to the Gulfarium.

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

5 comments:

Rave said...

Ah- scrapbooking! I know it well...

"I scrapbook therefore I am broke."

Ah- summertime- a picnic in the park; a swim in the lake. Lazy times spent by the roaring fire below a glittering night sky. Watermelon hands, sandy feet. Nothing beats the summertime heat.

Mrs_Who said...

Your 'bubble' page is absolutely wonderful!

Glynis said...

Beautiful layout!

Tiffani said...

Awesome layout!

loonyhiker said...

I still love to blow bubbles! It is so relaxing when I'm stressed out. It is hard to blow bubbles when you are angry because they pop before they leave the wand. This makes you physically relax your body which is good!