Saturday, July 01, 2006

Inspiration Tribulations

Blog Prompt: What inspires you? Inspiration in all areas of life, be it inspiration for scrapping, for decorating your home, to create...you pick an inspiration and blog about what inspires you to do it.

Whoa what a prompt. What I need right now is some inspiration to get motivated. Been a bad week but that’s best left for another day, lol.

When we were redoing our bedroom, it was the Thomasville Ernest Hemmingway collection that inspired me. I loved the sleigh bed, which Pan bought me for my birthday/our anniversary, etc.

But before we could have the bed delivered we had some major renovations to make to the room. First off was the ceiling and walls. Popcorn came off and everything was painted. Carpet was ripped out and then there was the decision as to what to put down. Since I was going for that India/Taj Mahal type look, I was thinking of stone. Pan on the other hand was considering cork.

Cork became the choice of the day and it is a decision I have never regretted. Then I bought gold and tan curtains to bring out the gold in the bedspread. Mom got into the act by making some of the bolster pillows. .

I love the international feel of the room. Right now it is by far my favorite place to be. We still have a few details to work out, like night stands. But this is a continuing work in progress.

I think I can probably make this into a running commentary for years, lol. Next month, scrapbooking inspiration (that is if I remember).

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
The lamps that started
the India look

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
The curtains & cork floor

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
And the bed....

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Cool room! I love how we buy one thing and it affects everything else around it!

Anonymous said...

cork? I need better pictures. I can't quite make out what a cork floor looks like. I'm very intrigued...