Saturday, July 08, 2006

Harry Potter has Tribulations

I am sure by now most Harry Potter fans have seen the interview Ms. Rowling gave and are either shaking their heads in disbelief or refusing to believe she could even suggestion HP may kick the bucket.

Okay, I won't like it if she does, but I most certainly understand her reasoning if she should chose to take this course of action. Though I would like to think HP takes Voldemort with him. We have enough of the bad guys winning in real life to have to put up with it in our fictional reading.

Still Pan made a valid point when we were discussing this. I am sure Ms. Rowling, who is one smart lady, has considered this as well. The Harry Potter series is about magic. Voldemort has already made a comeback and I am sure someone, somewhere will come up with a way to bring HP back to life in order to continue the series.

I wonder though what would be the outcome if she did something similar to what the publishers of Star Trek did? Every year or so they have their readers send in their own short stories. Those chosen are published. Seems to me Ms. Rowlings could get a royalty fee for each story published that included characters from her series, plus have some say in which stories are included.

2 comments:

Rave said...

Up down, ying yang, left right, tall short, good bad, harry voldemort.

Can't have one without the other.

Mrs. Who said...

I'm betting she has Harry sacrifice himself to save the wizarding community and the "muggles" a'la Christian allegory.

I would love to see her do it just to watch the reactions on the faces of all the fundamentalist "Harry Potter is eeeevil! It's the Work of the Devil!" people that line the streets** and fill the airwaves here in the Bible Belt™.

**(I mean LITERALLY lining the streets - they stand on streetcorners and yell and shake their Bibles at you as you drive by! Ack!)