Saturday, September 01, 2007

Tribulations, Saturday and the Blahs

It's Saturday and the first day of a three day weekend. Not that it means much to me. I only work two days a week. But it is a blah type of day. Overcast and Pan decided to water, so it starts to rain... for a few minutes. Now he will still have to water and pull weeds. I should be doing something constructive, like, maybe cleaning the kitchen. I mean really scrubbing it. Picking up the kids toys throughout the house, only to have them all over again when they come tomorrow and Monday.

I did go to the Princess' teachers meeting on Thursday night. I really like her teachers this year. Although it is an FCAT year for her, all of them seem to believe that learning should be fun and enjoyable. Her language arts teacher hopes to teach them to use power point by the end of the year. How cool is that. Pan will have to start working with the Princess. In math they will be starting algebra after the holidays. And science will consist of a lot of experiments. Her science teacher is also her history teacher and they will be doing some studies on ancient history. I'm in love. Have to start keeping track of those Mesopotamian, Roman and Greek shows on the history channel.

The language arts teacher has also asked us to start letting the kids write things at home, like grocery lists (shoot I knew there was something I was forgetting to tell Bombshell), thank you notes, etc. The Princess has been helping me with journaling for my scrapbook pages, but she tells, I write down. Now I think I will have her write them and then I can type it in.

All in all, I think this is going to be a wonderful year for her. She may, down the road, start getting stressed about the FCATs but I really feel that her teachers are not the kind to make a big deal out of it. Thank goodness.

en pointe
Template by MissTiina.com Sketchie Template; Laura's Pocket kit & alpha, (c) Debbie Fisher

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great teachers. Hope the year continues to go as well.

Lemon Stand said...

I can remember when computer classes were given only after school because one of the math teachers built his own computer and was willing to teach DOS to students. We took turns using a Radio Shack TRS-80.

It's amazing how far we have come in just one generation. Wonder what the next generation holds?

loonyhiker said...

This weather makes me want to curl in bed with a good book! It is overcast and yucky here in SC too.

Maybe you can get the Princess to do a little typing in Word and have her use the spell/grammer check. She can write a short paragraph telling you what she did at school that day (like a journal). My students really made great strides using that.