Friday, September 14, 2007

Beauty and the Tribulation

Fri 9/14 Blog Prompt: Beauty Secrets. What beauty secrets do you use (no matter how unusual)?

Mine is not so unusual or at least I don't think it is. Who knows in the these days of washing hair everyday. I don't. Twice a week is my limit. Shampoo companies hate people like me. LOL. Even as long as my hair is (and it is long) I only use a quarter size squirt of shampoo. If it needs it, I repeat. I have done this as long as I can remember.

I have been told that because I don't over-wash my hair, it is in perfect condition. So my habits have been good to me, at least to my hair. There have been times when I have had it cut that the cut was nearly free in exchange for my hair. They would use it to test new products. How cool is that?

Now I need to have it cut and give it to Locks of Love, but I don't know how many people would like hair with strands of grey sparkling through it, LOL.

I have finally gotten around to scrapping the trip to DisneyWorld that we took the Princess on as her Christmas present two years ago. So now you get to see what a fun time we had.


Template by Teresa Ferguson; Shabby Classic kit (c)Kimb's designs

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Since i have retired and don't have to get up and wash my hair 5 days a week, I have noticed the quality of my hair has changed. You may have something there. I don't think the Locks of Love would care that your hair had a bit of gray in it.

Meg said...

My hair always does better when I don't wash it every day! But, that's part of my waking up process, so it's hard to skip. Locks of Love will take anything, go for it!

loonyhiker said...

Due to my dry skin, I'm not supposed to take a shower/bath more than 3 times a week (but I do if I'm especially nasty!) and I do take a sponge bath to wash the daily grime off. Of course unless I'm gardening, hiking, or its extremely hot I don't get too dirty. I'm also lucky enough that I don't sweat much. My skin is so dry that my hair doesn't really get greasy so I can go 3-4 days without washing it.

Glynis said...

I'm sure your hair is lovely. I hate to blowdry my hair and I try to only wash it every other day. I'm sure my hair is in good condition but nowhere near yours!!

Unknown said...

Speaking of which I think it is time to wash my hair again, LOL. Thanks to all of you for the comments. Nice to know that I'm not the only one that doesn't wash mine every day.

I don't have dry skin (yet) Loony, but Indy does and we are not suppose to wash him everyday, but that's kind of hard to get around as he IS a 3 year old boy.

ArcaneFaery said...

I wash hair every other day and it helps alot with the health, especially since it is super long. And Ro's skin just looks like it's gonna fall off if we wash her every day. Dermatologists orders for her was every other day and since then we've not had one bit of trouble!