Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hat Hair & Tribulations

Wed 9/5 Blog Prompt: Fashionably Correct. In years past one would not be seen without a hat to complete your ensemble. Not so much these days. When and where do you think it is fashionably correct to wear a hat?

First I have to thank Jennifer for the the title. Little does she know I would confiscate it.

In my teen years and early 20's I loved hats. I had hats to go with just about everything I wore from jeans to dresses. I miss them. There is just something formal and old-fashioned about wearing hats. Oh I don't mean those giant birdhouses, but the smaller pillbox, fedoras and berets.

While I don't think you will be taken to the carpet for wearing one these days (I'm speaking of hats other than baseball caps and beach hats), it is still unusual to find anyone wearing one. Certain church functions would be an appropriate time for a hat. Some outdoor formal sporting events. Me? If I could afford it, a hat to match every pair of shoe I owned. Wait a minute, I only own two pairs.....


Template by
Dani Alencar; Fairy Dreams kit, (c) Erika Tenney; Defining You word art, (c) Digitreats

10 comments:

Jennifer Giuffre said...

Great title! Glad I could unknowningly help! :) I love the layout, too! Two pairs of shoes! I have a lot, but I only wear my flip-flops because they are so comfortable. That and because I have no need to wear heels much because I'm a SAHM. Oh well.

Yin said...

Dear Tink, thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving me such encouragement. I needed them! I don't know anything about hats even though I live in the sunny tropics, but I do love your "exquisite" layout - WoW!

Lemon Stand said...

I have several hats that save me from bad hair days. I think they are an essential component to my wardrobe seeing as how I seem to have a lot of bad hair days. :o)

Tammy said...

I wonder if they make hats to match my flip flops?

Unknown said...

I love the layout!

As for hats I just don't wear them.

Sandra said...

Beautiful layout today. I run for a hat when a bad hair day strikes, as well. Enjoyed your post.

Lukie said...

I have too much hair for a hat.

Photopassion said...

Your LO is totally awesome :)
I agree - I hardly ever see anyone wearing a hat, but I love it too and I do when I want it :)
Tink, thank you very, very much for all your wonderful comments on my blog. It took a while for me to visit you back, but now I will put a link to your blog in my sidebar to come back sooner ;)
Have a wonderful day!

heather said...

That's a gorgeous layout Tink!

loonyhiker said...

I love those little berets but I never could get them to look right on me. No matter how much I tried to look Irish or Scottish, I still looked Asian! LOL