Sunday, September 09, 2007

Details to Tribulations

Mon 9/9 Blog Prompt: Attention to Detail. When people come to your home what is the first thing you want them to see and why?

What I want them to see and what they actually see are two different things, LOL. What they actually see is foyer walls which have been decorated with crayons, a coat closet with jackets hanging off the handle and a clear view to my old computer desk which houses the fish, together with all the pool stuff (googles, fins, towels, key, lotion, books) and the back of my couch.

What I would like for them to see is a foyer with no jackets in site and painted a shade of green on which I would hang the "I Love Me" pics the boys gave me after they joined the military. I think I would also have a small shelf to house the mail and keys, etc., you know little stuff you drop right after coming in the house. Don't know that there is any way you could get out of seeing the back of my couch, but if we are going to keep the computer desk I would really like to get a bigger fish tank with all the cool paraphinalia


Template by Amy W.; Baby of Mine kit (c)Atomic Cupcake; Font: Porcelain

6 comments:

Sandra said...

"A Dream Come True" is a lovely layout. The expression on that baby is adorable, too.

I think a fish tank is a really great way to welcome guests. Your home sounds cozy and "user-friendly".

loonyhiker said...

I'm so glad your prompt said "wanted to see" and not "was going to see" because people would see clutter, clutter, and more clutter, and probably a rug that needs vaccuuming and bathrooms that need cleaning!

Tammy said...

AAAAHHHHH remembering what it was like having small children in the house.

Lemon Stand said...

I need to find the sign that says "If you want to see me, come any time. If you want to see my house, make an appointment." and put it by the door. With four kids I have given up on a perfect home until they all leave the nest. :o)

Unknown said...

I would love a fish tank, I think it would be a nice thing for people to see as they walk inot the house.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes. And to make matters worse those visitors always arrive when things are looking their worst. Do you ever run around after they've gone and tidy up when it's all too late?