Friday, September 07, 2007

Tribulations that were in Fashion

Fri 9/7 Blog Prompt: Fashion Facts. Over the centuries, fashions have taken dramatic changes. Do you know of any obscure fashion facts to add to our knowledge?

Did you know that corsets didn't always create an hourglass shape? From their invention, during the second millenium b.c. in Minoa, corsets were commonly worn by women to cinch waists and lift breasts. But during a a conservative spell from 1550 to 1660 a.d., the undergarments were used to flatten the bustline not boost it.

This and other fashion facts can be found at RealSimple.

Template by Janeal's Corner; Dream Flowers kit (c)Claudia Beckmeier; Font: More Enchanted Prairie Dog

7 comments:

Tammy said...

I loved reading all the fashion facts. Great post.

Jennifer Giuffre said...

That's interesting!

Love the layout, too!

Census said...

I love little known facts, especially historic ones! Thanks for the kind comment on my blog but your posts are way more interesting than mine! I have just spent 30 mins reading them. Great blog!!

{B}dreamy said...

Tink, I love your scrap style! Oh, and I'm a HUGE fan of Peter Pan and anything fairy-related... *B

daNi aLeNCar said...

great layout!

loonyhiker said...

Well, at least I know I wouldn't have had to wear a corset! I didn't start having boobs until after my hysterectomy! Dang, if I knew that was all it would take, I would have done it sooner! LOL

Lemon Stand said...

Sigh. I don't have to worry about flattening my chest. I never had much to begin with, even when I was breast feeding. **checking inside the pajama top** Nope, still nothing there. But I wake up every morning and check, hoping the chest fairy has blessed me during the night... Hope springs eternal and all that. :o)