Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Double Duty Tribulations

Tue 9/4 Blog Prompt: Simplify life. We all have them, those household items that we purchase for one thing and then end up using them for another. What items do you have that serve double duty?

For me it would be a toothbrush or possibly a bottlebrush. I use the toothbrush to clean around the pothandle rivets in my pots. Really annoys me to have food and gunk get stuck right there. Toothbrushes really save the day. I use bottlebrushes to clean wine and champagne glasses. That way I don't have to worry about them breaking as I would if I used a sponge in them. I am sure there are other items that serve double duty in my house but those two are the most used.

Template by Fryske; Bygone Gents Sampler kit, (c) KimB's Designs; Font: JaneAustin

5 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the idea of using the toothbrush - I'm off to use it around the tap at the sink.

loonyhiker said...

Duh! Why have I never thought of that? This is a wonderful idea! I'm off to go find an old toothbrush!

mom2triplets04 said...

I too use toothbrushes for cleaning. The other day I used one for my toilet to clean under the rim you know the spot where your toilet brush does not get. Yuck!

Stephani said...

I also use old toothbrushes for cleaning hard to get at spots. This is such a great blog prompt. Lots of wonderful ideas! Have a great day at work. Don't work toooo hard! :)

Unknown said...

What a great idea to use toothbrushes for that. I must remember that.