Monday, September 24, 2007

Dinner Cruise Fashions and Tribulations

Mon 9/24 Blog Prompt: Fashion Guru. What is the proper attire for a dinner cruise? High heels? Flats? What kind of jewelry, if any? Colors?

So romantic, watching the sun set over the gentle rippling waves of the ocean and listening to the music playing softly in the background. A nice time to dress up in your best; a dress, some pearls, hair soft and silky, a natural scented perfume with a light sprinkling of make-up and a mistake.... wearing high heels. Wasn't as bad as I thought after I first got on board, but getting up and down those steps, LOL.

Pan and I went on a dinner cruise in Hawaii and we had a fantastic time. The couple seated next to us were amusing and fun (she was a jeweler so I got lots of tips, lol). And it worked out so well. Her husband and I liked everything on the dinner, but she and Pan were a little more reserved. She did not care for steak, he did not care for lobster. So they traded, ROFL.

Oh yeah we are talking about fashion and dress. I wore a sleeveless burgandy dress that had a light weight quilt pattern knee length jacket that went with it. (you know which one Mom and ddpup). I wore my hair down but pulled back away from my face. Though I did not wear the pearls. I forgot to take them with me. But next time the black pearl necklace will have center stage. And, yes, I wore heels. I will have to look around to buy a pair of shoes that are comfortable, classy looking and low heeled for the next dinner cruise we partake of. :)

Template by CanuckNicole; SNL #29 Papers & Elements by Tink2Zoe, Mars Olsen, Paula O'Neil and Showme; Font: Rickles

Template by CanuckNicole; SNL #29 Papers & Elements by Tink2Zoe, Mars Olsen, Paula O'Neil and Showme; Font: Rickles

6 comments:

Denise said...

Sound slike you had a great time and looked wonderful... Love the LOs!

loonyhiker said...

I learned the hard way about the high heels! But your dress sounds beautiful! I also have to bring a sweater or jacket of some kind because I get cold if the a/c or wind is blowing on my arms.

Anonymous said...

that jacket sounds very elegant and I love your colourful LO, great kit too!

Senator David Thomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
loonyhiker said...

In response to your question on my blog, I was not allowed my cross or daily devotional because the govt. would not allow it. The Communist government was against religion of any sort including Buddhism. I would have been in big trouble if they caught any of that on me. (I was the one who deleted the above comment. I was logged in under a friend's name and you wouldn't have a clue who I was! LOL)

Unknown said...

LOL. And here I thought my son was rubbing elbows with a senator and giving out my blog address. :)