Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Turning Tribulations

Tuesday Blog Prompt: So, tell us about a turning point in your life, however you define that phrase.

The most notable turning point in my life was when I decided I had enough of the ex. So much so that I changed the locks on the doors when he was working out of town, then called him and told him that where I lived was no longer his home. I filed for divorce the next day.

There is a lot to that relationship I have spent years trying to forget. Some, unfortunately, I brought into my life with Pan... distrust and jealously being the foremost. I have worked through a lot of it with his help, love and understanding. They still occasionally will rear their ugly heads, but Pan is most forgiving. He is my second turning point.

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I'm sure Pan has felt you were worth it! I, too, had to pay for the sins of the first spouse. But I understood where all the jealousy and fear came from and knew that time would help my hubby learn to trust me. He does now and our marriage has lasted almost 25 years now and I love him more each day!

Unknown said...

Pan seems like such a lovely man. Its hard when an ex has been so hurtful to learn to trust again but im so glad Pan has helped you through.

carin.c said...

I don't trust easily to begin with and now after all this business I'm sure I'll have trust hurdles to overcome myself. Not really wanting anything to do with men these days (over age of 2!) but I'm sure that will change. :)