Thursday, November 23, 2006

Funny Thanksgiving Tribulations?

Thurs 11/23 Blog Prompt: Do you have any funny stories from past Thanksgiving or other holiday meals/gatherings? Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm off to pull the guts out of a cold, 20 pound turkey! Wheeee! In honor of the American holiday of Thanksgiving, every day this week, let's have a secondary prompt about thankfulness. What are you/your family thankful for? Add something to your blog each day, and then perhaps you can share them with your family on Thanksgiving.

I cannot remember one funny Thanksgiving dinner. We have had our share of fun, telling stories and laughing, but I can't think of one Charlie Chaplin moment.

Pan probably has some funny ones though. I remember him telling me about one dinner, although it may not have been Thanksgiving. His grandmother would spend hours washing and ironing the tablecloth; and should one drop be spilled on it you would incur the wrath of grandma.

At one dinner, Pan began watching his father intently. His dad would pick up a salt shaker then set it back down. Next came the pepper shaker... pick it up, set it down. Butter, condiments, nothing was left untouched.

After awhile it dawned on Pan what his father was doing. He wasn't just picking them up and setting them back down. He was setting them down over spilled food and drink, so grandma wouldn't notice.

I am thankful that I have three children who all grew into wonderful adults that I am extremely proud of.

2 comments:

Meg said...

LOL!! That's a great story, very clever man! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

that is SO funny!!! I am chuckling!!!